Monday, March 26, 2012

Drumroll, please....

Alrighty, the moment we have all been waiting for, the big reveal. Without further ado...

Our daughter's name is going to be....

Aliya Hart Taylor

Aliya (pronounced "ah-lee-ah") is Hebrew and is they word they use for the children of God returning to Israel. It means, to rise up or to ascend.

Hart is my maiden name and means strength (which is also what Briana means, fyi)

and Taylor, well Taylor we were stuck with and who cares what it means because it sounds great with Aliya, don't you think? Aliya Taylor. Mmmm, goodness!

We wanted a name that was beautiful and feminine. Most of the popular names these days are more unisex sounding, or just plain use to be boys names. We wanted something....better. :)

I loved having Hart as my name and think it is super cool as a middle name. Plus I wanted to carry on the "Hart heritage" and also I was thinking of my grandaddy who passed away this past year.

So there you have it. Hope you love it, but of course I don't want to hear about it if you don't! Heehee.

6 weeks till this little lady's scheduled arrival. I'm hoping for sooner, but we'll see on that.

2 comments:

DeeDee said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE ♥♥♥

Becky Swann said...

I love it and I don't know how I missed this!