Thursday, April 21, 2011

Rye: 1 & 1/2 Years

18 months, 1 and a half years (as of tomorrow), however you choose to say it, this boy is no longer a baby. I have mixed feelings about that...he's so much more fun now that he can interact and express himself more, but still there's that, he'll never be my little baby again feeling... Well it is inevitable i guess so we are moving on.
Rye is becoming quite a character. He is so expressive and never has a "blank" look on his face. I guess all my months of making crazy faces at him has had its effect because this kid will crack you up. His eyebrows especially are very expressive. Not to mention his Hart-chin-sticking-out expression. I'm a big fan.
Favorite things these days are playing with and pointing out cars. Of course anything with wheels is a car, he was pretty disappointed the other day when i had to explain to him that the cooler was not, in fact, a car.
He also continues to love Go Diego Go, which he refers to as, "Go-go."
He likes to read books now, the only time we can get him to let us read to him is when we read his bedtime bible story at night and he cuddles up with his blankie and sucks his thumb. Those are good times. He's a Mama's boy. I'm fine with this (most of the time) because of the inevitability of him deciding (realizing?) that I am not actually the coolest person in the world. So I'll take it while i can.
Dad is also right up there though, he is good for the rough-housing, the building blocks, and explaining the different vehicles that aren't all "cars." He pretty much looks like mini-Trevor so he's got that going for him.

Rye's becoming a pickier, or shall i say, informed and decisive eater these days. He will pick out anything green in whatever he's eating, much to our frustration. We are becoming more creative in the vegetable department these days.

Well, speak of the (cute, little) devil, someone is getting up from their nap, so more on this topic later. For now, i'll leave you with some fun pictures we took at the park the other day.
enjoy!








3 comments:

Aunt Ginnie said...

I can't wait to see him....oh and you too Briana :) Safe trip home.

Jennifer Hambrick said...

geesh...the time sure flies. he is such a cutie!

Becky Swann said...

He is looking like such a big boy