Thursday, April 21, 2011

Briana's 30th, in no particular order

As part of my birthday celebration, I left Trevor with Rye and headed to Asheville, NC to meet up with my best pal, Jenny B for a girls weekend. This was the first time I have left Rye for more than 8 hours, (momentous occasion alert!) and everything went fine. Trev and Rye had some great father-son bonding time and I enjoyed a break from mommy-land. Win-win.

Ok, on to the fun. Here is a picture of Jenn and me. Please notice how nicely coordinated our ensembles are.

Friday night we walked around downtown, getting pizza at Barley's and then walking to our most favorite place of the trip, The French Broad Chocolate Lounge. It started pouring, but it wasn't a problem because Jenn brought her heavy-duty umbrella. (ahem)
Some of the specialty chocolates they had...don't the wrappers make you happy? Oh the yumminess! We (after much deliberation) decided on the liquid truffles for our chocolate of choice. Delectable. Everything you would imagine from something called, liquid truffle.
The next day we hit Tupelo Honey for breakfast. Both Jenn and I have a great fondness for breakfast and this place hit the spot.

Then we walked around downtown and saw lots of weird folks and cool stuff. Such as these note cards, oh i want them all....
photo-op at this cool door, Jenn's photo layout turned out so much better than mine....photo envy...oh well.
We had dinner Saturday night at Mamacitas, which was wonderful tex-mex. I got a pulled pork with mango salsa burrito. My it was good, my it was huge, my i was stuffed.
Then we headed back to the chocolate lounge because, hey, when you get a chance to live it up (twice) you gotta take it.
One of the highlights of the evening was when I met this bag lady. I felt sorry for her so i brought her back to the hotel...

(ok, the weather dropped about 15 degrees that evening so we were rummaging through my car for anything warmer to wear....hence, the bag lady look ;) Jenn was a sport at around 6months pregnito for this trip.



Sunday morning, after a big breakfast at Early Girl Cafe, we headed back home again. I'll leave you with a couple self portraits. Love ya, Jenny B!



1 comment:

Jennifer Hambrick said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this recap. Makes me want to do it all over again. Maybe with more self control over the food I consumed =)