
So, as part of the new "Rye diet" + the new years resolution, I am (attempting) to give up sugar. As in, not just sweets, but really limiting my carbs and sugary fruits. Those of you who know me are well aware of what an intense struggle this is for me. However, the motivation is pretty good (healthy baby and no baby weight) so I'm pushing through.
However, it seems my subconscious is also struggling with this new diet plan.
Exhibit A:
Last night i dreamt that someone bought the island across from my parent's house (they live on a lake, fyi). They completely rebuilt it using a layered system. The layers were as follows:
1-a nice sturdy base of rice crispy treats.
2- a layer of sugar cookie dough.
3- a layer of vanilla icing.
4-another layer of rice crispy treats.
5-anther layer of sugar cookie dough.
Then they used the remaining (how was there any left?!) sugar cookie dough to form various hills, rocks and shrubs throughout the island.
Naturally I thougt it neighborly to head over for a visit, where I was greeted with the opportunity to "try" their island. I returned home, reluctantly, with a full tummy and a sugar headache. The following weeks I would sneak over in the middle of the night (which required swimming across the lake at night) to "sample" the island for a mid night snack.
Apparently the sugar has a stronger hold then I had imagined. Stay tuned next week, Trevor and I are considering moving into a gingerbread house.
2 comments:
Hahaha. Oh your dreams! I'm with ya on this one. Plus, maybe we won't get sick so often! :)
This is so funny! Does the sugar bother Rye too? (in ways other than the obvious not the best thing for you way)
I would like to swim to the island with you, can we bring kickboards for plates!
Post a Comment