I am writing to you regarding my sweet little baby. He is 2 and 1/2 months old and up until a 2 weeks ago had been sleeping very well. However, the past 2 weeks he has been sleeping (at night) between 2-3 hours. Considering before he was averaging between 5-7 this is, as you can imagine, quite tiresome, to say the least.
To provide you with all pertinent info, here is a sample of his schedule as of late:
9:30am: wake up/"breakfast"
11am: first nap
12:30pm: "lunch"
1:30pm: early afternoon nap
3:30pm: afternoon snack
4:30pm: afternoon nap
6pm: "dinner"
7:15pm: evening nap
8:15pm: evening snack
9:45pm: before bed snack
10:30pm: bedtime
1:30am: night snack
3:30am: night snack
6am: night snack
7:30am: early morning snack
9:3am: repeat
Note: during the day he does great, going between 2 1/2-3 1/2 hours between eating. He also takes great naps, staring happily around in his bed before drifting calmly off to sleep.
He's a very happy baby too. During the day when he's all smiles, man, that makes my day.
7 comments:
I remember calling Aunt Ginnie when you were about 3 months old asking her the same question. She calmly assured me it was a growth spurt and to just hang in there.He is obviously a very happy baby...my guess is he got his grandaddy's "night guy" gene! ☺
Ellen ate every 3 to 4 hours until she started eating cereal at 4 months old. I am with your mom on this one. Wait it out he will put on the lbs and just tell yourself everytime you drag yourself out of bed in the middle of the nigh, "the more I do this the less I'll have to do this" He is a good sleeper so just be thankful he does sleep and he will even it out. That is what I would do. He is showing you what he needs. I rememeber also thinking that once I figured out her schedule it would change. due to growth spurts and such. So then I decided to relax and just roll with it! I think that you are doing a fantastic job and you just seem so natural at this. Trust your instincts I think you have good ones!
oh briana - w/o any real advice from experience i'll just say he takes after a lot of our family and has his days and nights confused:) hope you can sleep when he's sleeping and roll with it! good luck cuz!
yep im sticking with my earlyer counsel and i am with your mom and becky. sometimes there no reason just go with what they do and change your shedule accordingly. this might mean that you take cat naps all day with him, just do it. this will be the only time you can, once theres more than one your just stuck so push housework and everything else out of the way, turn off your phone and sleep when he does!
Your little man in blue is getting so big. Hope he gets back to sleeping longer at night - for your sake.
okay so i talkted to a few people and many say that even if their schedula was kept, trips always threw off the babys sleeping, sometimes for weeks.
1) You are working that camera...what adorable pictures!
2) You are looking aweseome (I saw a picture of you on Becky's blog!)
3) I am sorry he is getting up so much at night...I know that is hard. It looks like he has a great daytime schedule - way to go! As for my two cents about the night time change it could be a combination of growth spurt and all the holiday travels. Typically growth spurts only last about 3-4 days if you are nursing in order to build up your milk supply. But my kids always were "off" for several days after any kind of travel...so maybe a combination of the two. Also, a baby's saliva glands typically develop around month 3-4 which accounts for a lot of drool where there wasn't before. Not to say he isn't teething, but just to throw another thought out there.
4)Just to reiterate...he really is so cute and you are obviously doing such a great job with him!!!
Post a Comment