Sunday, September 6, 2009

Random Baby Question

input, please:

special baby detergent - how important is this? and if it is important what all needs to be washed in it?

thanks team

8 comments:

Becky Swann said...

Let's just say... it will be taken care of for you this weekend:)

Becky Swann said...

Oh and to answer the other part. I think anything that touches your baby, bedding, burp clothes, clothing, bibs, until their skin toughens up and you are sure they don't have allergies.
Oh course I took this very far because well you know @ me and allergies:)

Heidi said...

Yep, Becky's got it right!

heather smith said...

Hey yo! Can't wait for this weekend!

And I agree with Becky! You don't want to end up at the Pediatrician with a major rash from regular detergent should little Rye have sensitive skin.

Actually, we still use sensitive detergent because Alana has ultra allergenic skin. But you don't have to spend loads on Dreft unless you want to. We use All Free Clear and it is great, but more affordable!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Yep, all the other mommies have it right =) Ella's skin never reacted to anything, but Ezra would break out if his skin came in contact with anything with perfume in it...including the church nursery sheets, etc.

Heather is right... Dreft is not necessary...just something free of dyes and perfumes.

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Oh, i forgot...are you having a baby shower this weekend? how exciting!

Naomi said...

I never used any special detergents for Madeline's things. I just washed all of her things with ours. But, I guess you never know if your baby will have a reaction. I know my aunt also recommended the All Free Clear as well because it was cheaper if you want to use something for sensitive skin.

Briana said...

thank you everyone. nothing brings in the comments like baby posts, that's for sure.