Man I've been a blog slacker lately. Sorry friends. Well I think this post will make you excited enough to forgive and forget.
What are the 2 most exciting things about having a baby? (besides finding out that you are having one, and besides them actually getting here). First of all, is finding out the gender and second of all, is finding out the chosen name. These are 2 of the most important and defining moments, I'm sure you will agree.
Why do i bring this up you ask? Oh, no reason. Just thought we should establish that. Ok, so you want to hear about how the house project is going?
What? No? You were expecting something else? A revelation of some sort? Perhaps a long anticipated declaration?
Fine. But there are rules.
(side note: as most of you know, i hate to follow them but love to make them ;)
Rule # 1: if you don't' like the name, i don't want to hear about it. We've already decided, this is final, there is not any room for negotiation so please kindly keep your disparaging comments to yourself.
Rule # 2: if you have some sort of negative memory or association with the name, again, keep it to yourself. I don't want to hear about how your neighbor's evil Doberman was named this and he ate your left arm when you were 7 (although that would be very traumatic).
Rule # 3: We will not be revealing any back up names or girl names so don't bother asking. They are staying in the vault for future reference.
Is anyone still reading? :)
ok, here we go, drum roll please
(insert drum roll here)
Our little guy's name is....
Rye Caedmon Taylor
which means:
Rye: is Irish for "King"
Caedmon: is Gaelic for "wise warrior"
and unfortunately, Taylor means: "one who makes clothes"
so he will have some career options it seems. ;)
there it is, take it or leave it but it's here to stay and we are super excited about it.
8 comments:
As you already know: I love it!
It reminds me of this evil doberman I used to know:) juuuuussst kidding
Someone really cool must have thought of it!
Like the whiskey! I'm in
I love it!!! Wonderful choice!
Rye! Caedmon! Rye Caedmon! RCT! rTc!
Hooray!!
Love it! Love it! Love it!
Never heard that one before... and I really like it! Very cool! Any story about how you guys came to that name? Were you reading the Catcher in the Rye? Anyway it is definitely a keeper! Congrats on having a name!
love it - just read your blog (little behind this week)
hello! i dont think i know you, but i got here through the glenn's blog. #1--i really like your kitchen. #2--i really like the name of your little one. our 17 month-old son's name is caedmon, so of course i like it. i like rye, too! congrats!!
Post a Comment