We had a great time and Trev enjoyed his one and only break from the renovations--immensely.
Here's our "album".
Trev driving the boat with his mom and dad in the front...

Trev driving (again) with me chilling in the back--the least bumpy part of the boat-- since I have developed a heightened sense of motion sickness these days. (oh the joy)

Trev's cousins, otherwise known as the "Tampa Taylors" (I'll let you guess why) were also down for the week so we had lots of extended family fun which included dinner out.

On Friday we headed down to Key West for the day. Here's Trev and parents at the Audubon house.

The highlight of every trip (at least for me) is the trip to Louie's backyard. WONDERFUL food right on the water. Oh, I had been looking forward to this since January... me and Mom in front of Louie's.

Trev and me on the back deck of Louie's

Another exciting thing that happened...well, exciting if you aren't FROM Florida, was the view I saw when I glanced behind me at the pool. They have foliage that lines the pool area and this "little" fellow came over for a visit. Mind you, this is about 3 feet from me at the time.

Also worth noting is that this "little" fellow is about 5 feet long! Yes, so naturally I jump up and yell to Trev (who is across the pool getting drinks at the bar) "Trev! Come here! Quick! You have to see this!!" Trev ignores me, partially because he's ordering at the time, partially because he's across the pool and not the type to yell back, and partially because he is from Florida...and this is not a big deal if you are from Florida. Which, apparently everyone else at the pool was as well since no one was 1/10th as impressed/amazed/slightly scared as i was at this giant man-eating iguana 3 feet away. So, I grab the camera and take a series of "close-ups" (thank goodness for "zoom"). Then Trev moseys on over and goes, "Huh, an iguana." Then sits down with his drink.... sigh.
Senor Iguana continued climbing all over the trees and eating the leaves for about 20 minutes before heading out to scare other non-natives.

Another noteworthy from the week was that it was open season for lobster. Trev and his dad and cousins went lobstering and caught a couple that were big enough to keep. (I stayed at home due to aforementioned motion sickness).
Here's Trev with his catch.
You may have noticed Trevor's shirt which much to my chagrin he is wearing in Florida (one of the hardest hit states by the mortgage crisis). I got this shirt at this mortgage luncheon that I went to for work. The back of it says "2009?". Yea....very insensitive (and funny) and insensitive.
On one of their trips out lobstering Trevor got attacked by a barracuda. True story (although it sounds worse then it is). They were pulling the boat back in the marina and there were ducks swimming all around the boat. A barracuda jumps out of the water and lunges for the ducks, however he apparently is not the best judge of distance or aim since he missed and landed right beside Trev in the boat! (man, i wish i had been there to see this one). So he flopped onto the floor and the guys had a photo-session with him before returning him to the water. Good story for everyone involved, though I doubt the barracuda will be impressing his friends with it.
On one of their trips out lobstering Trevor got attacked by a barracuda. True story (although it sounds worse then it is). They were pulling the boat back in the marina and there were ducks swimming all around the boat. A barracuda jumps out of the water and lunges for the ducks, however he apparently is not the best judge of distance or aim since he missed and landed right beside Trev in the boat! (man, i wish i had been there to see this one). So he flopped onto the floor and the guys had a photo-session with him before returning him to the water. Good story for everyone involved, though I doubt the barracuda will be impressing his friends with it.
Dad, holding the attacker

up-close shot of the beast

Another highlight from the trip was our massive reception of presents. Among other things Rich and Missy (Trev's sis and brother-in-law) gave us a crib. They had 2 for the twins and gave us one of them for Rye (wahoo!). Here's the one that Autumn's in currently, but they look the same so just picture this but w/o the pink and green. :)

Trev managed to steal this belly shot which i think is hilarious. I'm making my "giant belly!" face. I've been making that a lot lately...

And finally, to wrap up the trip, here's a shot of Trev and me in Key West.

Ah, another successful Florida vacation. It's weird to think that this is our last one with just the 2 of us (yes, I know Rye was there too, you know what I mean)...
Here comes the change! Hold on to your horses, it's a big one. ;)


4 comments:
What a crazy vacation... an iguana, a barracuda, and lobsters- all in the same trip....I am really impressed by the iguana pictures- very proud of you for not screaming and running in the opposite direction...that is what I would have done. I love the giant belly shot- you look fabulous! I am glad that you enjoyed this vacation because vacationing with kids is a different kind of fun! :)
Oh I'm so glad you got a good vacation before Rye gets here! You will be so glad you did! Love your belly! Glad the grey skirt is getting alot of play! cute cute!
Love the pictures...I was very excited by all the belly shots =) You are looking great!!!
Haha, love the iguana pics!
You've received an award, check out my blog!
Post a Comment