Thursday, July 23, 2009

Indian in the Cupboard

The cabinets are in!*
*minus the trim and hardware which will be installed after the countertops go in


Here're some really bad pictures (sorry) of the new beauties in all their glory.

-view up into the kitchen from the foyer (also please notice that i painted the bannister white so which made it look like a million dollars instead of the 45cents from before)


-view from the living room into the kitchen (please disregard the exceptionally sweaty Trevor who had just come home from playing soccer)


-another view into the kitchen from the dining room. It will be brighter once we get our recessed lighting in and we are planning a pendant lamp that will hang above the sink (in front of the support beam)




-view from the corner of the kitchen at the new island. Imagine you are facing the sink and the open spot on the left is where the dishwasher will go



-another view from living room into kitchen. The post you see in the center is a support beam for the ceiling that will be wrapped to match the cabinets, after the countertops go in.





-another view of the island, you can see our in-the-cabinet trash cans directly in front of
the shot



Ooh-la-la.
The countertops are actually scheduled to be ready right after we get back from Florida (a week from Monday) so (fingers crossed) we could have them in the end of that week. Very exciting.
more later.
-B

7 comments:

DeeDee said...

OHHHHH....how very exciting AND beautiful. I am so excited for you guys. It is going to look AMAZING!!!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Jeremiah says "mad props to Trevor".

I say...looks great! Can't wait to see the finished pictures!

Becky Swann said...

Oh it looks awesome! The cabinets look alot like ours so you know I like them! Are you going to keep the green? I hope so it's very cool!

Carrie said...

Those are some pretty sweet cabinets! I love it! Can't wait to see the end result. Nice job on the bannister too! Definitely looks like a million bucks.

Becky Swann said...

So I really can't wait to find out the name of this bambino

Heidi said...

I second that Becky. Bri, tell Trev to hurry up & be ok with the name, I WANNA KNOW!! :)

kate said...

wow. it's gunna look fabulous! can't wait to see to final product.