got an early present this year, not sure who gave it to me but it has rearranged my schedule quite thoroughly. You guessed it, the Christmas flu. I was given this lovely gift Tuesday night. I spent Wednesday trying to give it back and Thursday i conceded defeat. My biggest accomplishment since then has been taking a shower which of course wiped me out and i needed another nap to recover.
So this has become another lesson on what Briana wants to do vs. what Briana can do.
I want to:
-decorate this christmas tree that's been sitting in my living room mocking me with it's lack of lights and ornaments
-decorate my house with the boxes of Christmas cheer that have been sitting unopened in the art room
-make the glorious gingerbread house that Heidi and I were going to conquer the world with tomorrow
-work on my Christmas shopping
-attend the 3 Christmas functions I had planned this weekend
What I've been able to do:
-sleep
-cough
-sleep
-drink this miraculous invention called a Hot Toddy (seriously it works)
-sleep
-read
-sleep
This has been very frustrating. Grrrrrrrr. I do have to give tons of bonus points to Trev who has taken excellent care of me, which included: getting the miraculous Chicken noodle soup from Panera (which has wondrous healing powers), getting me Whiskey for the Hot Toddys, making the Hot Toddys, rubbing my feet, getting me extra medicine, blankets and tea, grocery shopping, cleaning the house and picking me up movies. Seriously he's great. Just great. I'm impressed all over again just reading that list. Oh and did i mention he's put up with my complaining and overall patheticness?
I guess the moral of this story is Trevor is awesome and learning Christmas patience is good for me.
2 comments:
Oh that is aweful! At least you are not sick on Christmas that would be so much worse!
I think we need a recipe to those Hot toddys!
Poor thing...being sick at this time of the year is awful! Glad to hear Trevor is taking such good care of you. I hope tomorrow is a much better day!
Post a Comment