Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pregnancy: The Home Stretch

I find myself now in week 38. Wow. Wish I could say the time has flown. Wish I could say I enjoyed every minute of it, heck wish I could say I enjoyed any minute of it! Ha, ok well what can I say? This too shall pass? At this point it's just comforting to know that no one has ever been pregnant forever. No matter that it feels like it's been forever, it will not last forever. And actually we now have a definitive end date. THAT is something to be excited about.

The past few weeks have been hard. Surprise, surprise, huh? Everything about this pregnancy has been so much harder than with Rye, and different. I'm interested to see how different Aliya is from Rye too. It will be interesting to see how indicative, or not, this pregnancy is about who she is. Hmmmm, I probably shouldn't put too much stock in that or I might become worried.

We all had the stomach bug again this past weekend. That makes 5 times this pregnancy for me. Surely that is a record. I was having a meltdown Friday night, you know, bad day, feeling all the "symptoms", worn out, emotional breakdown. I was telling Trev how I couldn't handle it anymore and I couldn't handle anymore....then we heard Rye throw up in his bed. You know at that point I just laughed and said, Ok Lord, apparently I can handle a lot more!

Monday I had my 2-weeks-left check-up. She has dropped and is pretty much a low as she can go until she decides to evacuate. 2 cm dialated so things are a'movin. I had a nice long talk with my doctor and she recommended that we induce next week if she hasn't made her arrival by then. So, Tuesday, May 1st, Lord willing and Aliya cooperating (if possible ;) we will have our little girl in our arms and PRAISE GOD out of my body. It's weird having a definitive end date. It's weird to have a plan. Not that I put too much stock in that because if the past in any indication of the future, Aliya will not cooperate with my plan....but either way, next Tuesday at the latest, she will be out.

So, we are in countdown mode. The to-do list keeps getting crossed off and then added to in what I'm sure Trevor would describe as a depressing pattern. Nesting, nesting, who can understand why certain things HAVE to be done. But they do, oh they do. And my freezer is happy to be organized so really it's not such a bad thing.

Well those are the thoughts of this a'rambling whale of a woman. Take it or leave it.

4 comments:

Lynlea Joan said...

I am so excited to meet her!!! Good luck. We will be praying like crazy for you. How exciting!

Aunt Ginnie said...

Glad to hear you are getting organized. The night before Becky was born we were down at the point with Valley Church friends, eating chili around a bonfire(you lived in the small house up top then. About 8:30 I told Uncle Doug, I might need to walk back up. We had to stop for gas, go home pack my bags, drop Katie off at friends house....Becky was born around 4 the next morning. SO....it all works out...even if you are not ready HA

Jennifer Hambrick said...

I am so excited for you...to not be pregnant. And Aliya, of course =)
Not that she is pregnant. Well, you know what I mean.

Having an induction date is totally weird, I really get that. But nice too.

Praying for you this next week.

Are you sure you don't want to squeeze one more stomach bug in before the 1st?

Becky Swann said...

Hard pregnancies make for awesome babies!
Trust me, I know. It is fine to hate pregnancy it just makes you so happy to have a newborn you will deal with anything! Enjoy that sweet time with Just Aliya at the hospital. I know it's tough to leave Rye but that time is so special too! Take some record breaking naps for me! I will be giddy from now until I see a picture of her! You know I will!