Monday, March 21, 2011

the stomach flu.

Last Thursday was one of those days where you go, "man, i really dig this stay at home mom thing".
I had Trish, Emily and kiddos over for pancakes then we all went to the used book store and got some cute books for uber-cheap. Then Rye ate a good lunch and took a great nap. I headed out to the yard for some more brush-clearing, then decided to build a stone wall with rocks i dug out of the woods (it's called, free landscaping ;). Then Trevor came home early and he worked in the yard with me. Then I went to Zumba with Heidi while Trev made dinner and we all had a nice dinner (pizza sloppy-joes) together. Rye went to bed and Trev and I sat down to watch a movie. 10 minutes in Rye wakes up crying....hmmmm will he go back to sleep or should i check on him.....probably should check.

Good thing i did too because there was el puke-o everywhere.......and that's where the good day ended and the weekend from H-E-double hockey stick, started.

Poor Rye, he was so freaked out by barfing he wanted me to hold him and thus puked all over me. 4 times. (the things they don't tell you about when you get pregnant ;) So, around 2am, and 4 loads of laundry later (no, seriously) we crawled in bed. Friday i got it, Saturday Trev got it. Surprise, surprise on that one after all that...ok, you get the drift.

Well, i guess it was bound to happen, if only it would never happen again.
Wishful thinking, i'm sure.

I guess you understand why i didn't post any pictures for this post. ;)

4 comments:

Becky Swann said...

We have been there, right when I first got pregnant...so much throw up so much laundry...and hey I'm still puking...I'm picking up on a theme. And just over all grossed out now:)

Jennifer Hambrick said...

i know i've said it before...but it is worth repeating: throw up is the worst! i'm so sorry for you guys!!! but glad it went quickly thru everyone so no one is left just waiting...

Aunt Ginnie said...

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear you have had such a yucky time.

Ask Katie about her favorite throw up story....it involves Megan.

And then you'll know why Megan called her "Katie Mommie" :)

Briana said...

Aunt Ginnie, i feel like i should know that story.....hmmmmm