Thursday, January 13, 2011

the flu

we have it. a lot of it.

the end.

just kidding, but really that's about all i've been up to the last, oh week and a half. Rye got it first, pretty much the day we got back from vacation. Then he shared it with me, who succumbed on Sunday, and Trevor followed suit on Monday.

In other news, we have had a giant snow dump here in Chattanooga. We got 8ish inches. Crazy! I haven't seen this much snow since....um well some time in the 90's in Virginia. The good news is that this has prevented Trev from going to work all week, until today, which has been great so we could share cough syrup and Rye responsibilities. Oh and just kidding about the cough syrup, that stuff is nasty, plus it always has the opposite affect on me, drowsy keeps me up, non drowsy puts me to sleep, but not consistently enough that i could just switch labels...it always messes me up. enough said. But back to the snow, yea, 8 inches of beautiful perfect for sledding, snowmen and snow angels, snow. Have i left he house to even touch it, yes once, but only long enough to scoop up a snowball and show Rye, "this is snow, if we felt better we would have fun with it, but for now you can look at it. enjoy". He was not impressed.

So, going on 6 days, in the house, on the couch, in my sweatpants. Lovely. And yes, i am pretty much going insane. Up until today i've been sick enough to not care, today i am well enough to wish i was up and about, but sick enough not to follow through. Yuck.

So, that my dear friends is why i am online, ,writing you this admittedly boring post. I am out of activities i can do using minimal effort. Any tv shows or movies available on netflix would be appreciated. Also, feel free to call if you are up for some complaining. There's not much new to talk about besides the amount of tissues i've used and the amount of tea with honey i've had today. Exciting and newsworthy, i know.

Well since i'm even boring myself here, i'll let you go. Back to organizing the 2600 emails i've let collect in my inbox since 2006. Seriously.

p.s. Take your vitamins.

4 comments:

Becky Swann said...

Oh gross! I hate that you are sick, that is no no no fun at all.
Have you watched Arrested Development that is on Netflix watch instantly, 3 seasons all there,The movie Fame is watch instantly...inspire you to get up and sing...I'll let you know if I see anymore. Get well soon!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Oh my...no fun. I'm sorry.

If you can get over the really lame theme music we really like the tv show Human Target. I think its on hulu. It's a boy and girl kind of show. Burn Notice is good too. Trevor would (probably?)like it too.

If I call you all we will do is complain to each other =)

Hope you feel better soon!

mom said...

hmmmm....I keep checking! ♥♥♥

Jennifer Hambrick said...

you need to put up a new post. i get depressed each time i check and i see "the flu" glaring across the top =)