Thursday, November 4, 2010

a breath of fresh air

Perhaps it has entered your mind, for those of you still reading, that I have succumbed to the occasional drudgery that a good deal of "stuck at home time" can bring. You may have cited my recent pessimistic posts as evidence of this conclusion. Perhaps you could be right. In fact, i might even be persuaded to agree with you. Such is life.

However, it's nothing a good dose of holy spirit, girl time and a night out can't fix. So, I come to you fresh from a 2 hour stint at barnes and noble refreshed, renewed, and .....well lets just say....more like the old me that you may have come to love. Perhaps.

Speaking of the old me (does that count as third person?) here is some rambling randomness as a throw back to "the good old days".

This was my second of 3 trips (from the cafe out for books and back again).
I love the seemingly endless possibilities at good old Barnes. It fills me with all sorts of ideas on what i want to be when i grow up. For example this trip made me want to be a photographer, web designer, artist (we'll call that renewed inspiration), novelist, short story-ist, editor, fashion designer and seamstress.

I also sneakily took pictures of this crazy old man, consumed what i fear was NOT a decaf latte (hence my blogging at 1:20am) and left my giant pile of books sitting there for the dear employees to return to their full and upright positions (I justify this by convincing myself that i could never remember where i got all of them and they would probably rather put them back exactly where they go then have me misplace them....really though i'm just giving way to my rebellious, rule-breaking tendencies).

Other:
we are rescheduling Rye's birthday party for this Sunday from 3-5. If you are reading this and would like to come, please do so. Unless you are some random creepy stalker in which case, it's actually next Sunday, in Detroit.

Well, i will bid you adieu (Rex, check my spelling) for tonight. I"ll leave you with Mr. Creepy Man, i admit he does look remarkable not creepy in this picture, but do not be deceived this gentleman walked by twice and loudly made some combination of a throat clear and a snort while looking directly at me and my cafe neighbor.
Creepy indeed. On that note, sweet dreams.


5 comments:

Becky Swann said...

I love trips like that, I used to go and sit and write down people's conversations that were around me, I guess that puts me more in the category of the old man huh? Welp see you this Sunday in Detroit

The Hart! said...

that post really touched my hart. man i love me some b and n... and of course coffee. this post made me want to go now.

KT said...

b- remember reading jack handy at the books at million? i love book stores and am starting to become a coffee drinker... glad you got the chance to get out of the house:)

Briana said...

yes Katie, and i've carried that throughout my life. for instance, once i did actually drop my keys in some molten lava and i learned to let them go, cause man, they're gone.

Becky Swann said...

So I would like a new post now
And I'm glad I came back here
because I needed to be reminded of reading Jack Handy books!