Sunday, July 18, 2010

Fly through the air WITHOUT the greatest of ease...

that sums up the flight Rye and I took yesterday from Chattanooga to St. Pete, Florida.

Pre-flight overview:
-slept in late. check
-good breakfast. check
-late morning nap. check

in short all the stars had aligned.

the flight:
-stopped at security. check
-fussing before we take off. check
-throwing body back, inconsolable during whole flight. check
-forced to walk the aisle. check
-getting stuck up by the bathroom/cockpit by the beverage cart. check
-getting reprimanded by the stewardess for standing too close to the cockpit door. check
-changing diaper in the "bathroom". check

post flight:
-happy as soon as we land. check
-happy the rest of the day. check
-glad we made it to Florida. h-e-double hockey stick yes!

it wasn't that bad, really. course i did rely heavily on the things i've learned before. good thing i brought that lipstick, that's for sure.

ha. ok well all joking aside, i'm excited about a week in the land of the sun and family.

2 comments:

Becky Swann said...

Oh my goodness! I am glad you made it there with freshly applied lipstick and all.
I have yet to take Ellen on a plane I cannot imagine!

Aunt Ginnie said...

My mother used to say...."that's why God made babies so cute"...it just helps :)