Monday, July 5, 2010

The Baptism of Rye on the 4th of July


Both of of our parents came in for Rye's baptism on Sunday. He enjoyed being the center of attention, when Trevor would share it (haha). We were also impressed that the grandparents behaved themselves and we didn't have to break up any fights over who got to hold Rye the longest. My parents came down Thursday night and stayed thru church and Trev's parents came Saturday morning and are leaving Wednesday. So, that's what we've been up to lately. Speaking of which, better get back... more later!

p.s. i'm also accepting votes on which side of the family Rye looks the most like.

6 comments:

Becky Swann said...

I should have come here before facebook. but now I can comment twice. I am excited for your little mane what a special day for you and Trevor!
Did he cry? did you Cry?
I think Rye looks exactly like me:)and a little like your Gramdma, seriously though, my eyes, her mouth, Trevors skull

Becky Swann said...

little mane hehee, didn't think I noticed that new growth but I did

Becky Swann said...

hey answer my questions I came back here to see

Aunt Ginnie said...

I just can't see one more than the other but Uncle Doug thinks Rye favors Trevor's family the most.

He is just a whole lot of his own cuteness and personality.

Briana said...

nobody cried, that i saw? He was a champ and was smiling at everyone and just looked up at the pastor like, "hey? what are you doing?". Over all it was a success and Rye said he felt holier all ready.( just kidding)

DeeDee said...

well, let me weigh in on the crying question. I held it together until we started singing 'Praise God from whom all blessings flow'....then the moisture started to appear but a thumb to the fingernail did the trick and I was able to hold all things in check. So officially, no one cried but a wee bit of moisture did appear (known only to me and now also to everyone who reads Bri's blog)