I really miss my brain cells. I've still got a few left but i'm pretty sure all the smart ones are gone. The good news is that they've towards a good cause* but the bad news is that, sadly, I'm retarded.
This makes me especially sad because I used to be quite witty. I'll not say smart, but I was known to be pretty quick with the comebacks and the clever retorts. Alas, those days are gone. It wouldn't be so bad if I could remember that i was stupid. But no, I begin, expecting pure genius to flow freely and more often then not am met with one of two embarrassing situations. Either something comes out that makes no sense whatsoever (sadly this is the more desirable of the two outcomes) or else nothing comes at all. This is infinitely worse be case I am left to explain why I am making an astounded (yes, it still astounds me) and utterly ridiculous face and not finishing my sentence. Sad, but true. **
It seems that I have become a more boring version of myself. An unexpected and unfortunate side effect of motherhood. Sigh... It seems also that this has also carried over into blog land. I promised myself that I would not be one of those moms that only blogs with pictures and minute details of their child's life. Oh no, my blog would remain varied, hilarious, odd, comical and above all, interesting.*** Sadly, I seem to have underestimated the all consuming world of baby-mama-hood**** It seems that when you spend 24/7 in baby-mama-hood-land***** you have very little of interest to write about that that doesn't revolve around cute animal outfits and the daily sleep schedule update. This is what keeps me up at night, because you, my faithful blog audience deserve more. Granted 1/2 of you are content to see cute****** pictures of wild bears but some of you miss the crazy dreams, funny bird sitings and random pictures of robots that used to be the norm.
Well to you, I say, "I'll be back". I just need to get my head out of the baby-mama-hood-land clouds******* and I hope to be there soon. Don't give up on me. I promise to continue my research into brain regrowth and develop some sort of outside stimulus that will provide hours of endless entertainment.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. I hope to deserve you, blog friends.
Sincerely,
Briana
*Rye will most probably be witty and clever and not because he inherited it, but rather stole it from me.
**Note to self, spend time coming up with a clever retort for when your clever retorts don't come.
*** Yes i realize this is quite a bit presumptuous but please, humor me.
****oooh, i like this new word
*****I wanted to say it again
****** Ok, one more time!
2 comments:
Don't worry you are still funny, the funniest part of this post is how you say you used to be witty:)
haha sorry couldn't help myself
but seriously folks
I say the same thing. I have become socialy awkward and weird. It has gotten better now that I am getting sleep again, but i feel it will never be quite the same, but I do have faith that you're blog will be funny and strange again soon! It just has to be right?
I like the animal sightings:)
I miss my brain cells too! It's a sad time, but you may gain a few of them back with a few more months of consistent sleep. In the meantime I am really enjoying the pics of Rye- he is so cute!
Post a Comment