Ok, well since I'm pretty sure that it isn't physically possible to go through diapers faster than little Rye is currently exhibiting...I'm interested in how all you moms out there have managed to save money on diapers. What's the best route to go? Joining rewards programs? Shopping at Sams? Buying off brands? Signing up for newsletters that include coupons? Please, share your wisdom, i'll make like a diaper and soak it all up. :) ewwww, gross.
6 comments:
I don't know about where you are.. but here you can buy diapers from the hospital.. you kind of have to know someone who works there to get them.. but they are half the price from Wal-Mart..
don't know if it will help.. but this might! happy shopping!
I too am curious to see what people suggest, but my one thing is I use Luvs I tried them because they are alot cheaper but I actually have liked them better:)
absorb that:)
A good resource that helps me is babycheapskate.com
She does all the work for me...looks at all the stores prices on diapers and matches them with the coupons that are available...and spells out where the best deal on diapers can be found for that week.
If you don't want to fool with coupons, you might look into finding an off brand that is ok. Some of them are awful (and frequent blow outs are NOT worth the money you save!) but some aren't too bad.
In a pinch I like the Target off brand diapers or the CVS playskool ones.
Ditto what Becky said on the Luvs. If you go to their website (or pampers and huggies)and sign up with them they will send you high dollar coupons quarterly. If you pair them with a sale, you can get some pretty good deals.
thank you oh wise and resourceful ones.
hey briana- kaki from covenant (you may or may not remember me:)). anyway, wanted to add my 2 cents- i personally LOVE target diapers. they worked great for us, and SO much cheaper! i liked them better than luvs.
Okay so my kids are here yet but I'm going to chime in anyway...
1.) Sam's Club stinks for national brands (Pampers, Huggies,etc.), unless you DON'T have a coupon. They don't accept coupons but they do offer diapers in bulk fairly cheap. Another downside is they don't have much variety and there's other ways to get them cheaper.
2.) Diapers.com isn't bad for national brands b/c it's free shipping. They do accept coupons but you have to mail them in and then they credit your account.
3.)The best place to buy diapers is from the drug stores when on sale and when using a coupon. For example, Rite Aid will have their Pampers or Huggies on sale then you use a manufactorer's coupon and a $4 off a purchase of $20 or more and get them for even less. On top of that Rite Aid may also be running a single check rebate on the diapers. That's where you buy 5 boxes of diapers and get one for free. The cool part is though, they mail you a CHECK, not a coupon so you're actually getting cash back.
I have noticed that Walmart and Babies R Us are not the cheapest places. Target seems to beat their prices.
My Mothers of Multiples class on couponing taught me to try to get national brand diapers at an average of $0.16 to $0.23 per diaper. Some mothers have learned to work the system so well that they could get national brand for under $0.10 per diaper!!!
I need to blog about this.
Post a Comment