Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rye's Monster Room

I'm still waiting on a couple of things before this room is "ready" but since Rye might get here before that happens (2 weeks and 1 day, but who's counting?). I figured I'd better go ahead and post some pictures of the Monster Room, as is.

So, without further ado.....I present, the monster room.

Monster #1


The world's softest and cutest blanket (the elephant is really a monster in disguise)

Monster books...


The monster art, done in crayons and markers a la kid-art.


The "monster teeth" curtains, thank you Mom for your help!

Monster #2


Changing table details...


The CAT version of what Trevor makes at Komatsu (or something totally different, I'm sure Trevor will explain the distinctions if you so desire)
Monster # 3



please notice the cute monster nightlight and adorable rain boots!


Crib "friends" the sleepytime bear (who plays sleepy music)--love his eyes that are 1/2 shut, and my monster, it's reversible on the other side is his other 1/2.
My talented friend Jenn Ross saw pictures of the monster above and made these adorable burp cloths to match...how cool is that?!


Monster # 4

There you have it folks. The room is too tiny and my lens too limiting to get a "full room" shot, but hope that covers the basics for you.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Ok Baby Rye, I'm giving you less than a week. Actually, I'm almost betting before the weekend! :)

Becky Swann said...

Oh it's so cute! good idea for the teeth curtains! Love all the little monstery details. Those burp cloths are so great!!! those can be your "going out" burp cloths, I always brought my cool ones when we were going places haha
I want to dress up as a monster and come snuggle with him in him crib! that wouldn't be too scary:)

Jennifer Hambrick said...

I love it! I'm sure Rye will too =)
Not long now! I've been thinking of you a lot this week and praying for you...

Carrie said...

I am so glad that you showed us the final product! It looks amazing! I think that someone in the marketing world must be reading your blog because I see monster stuff everywhere- and not just because halloween is coming up soon. We will be praying for a safe delivery- can't wait to see what he looks like!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

I forgot to say that the room is creative and quirky and original...just like Rye's momma!