Wednesday, June 17, 2009

colors and themes

Well here are the colors* i've picked out for the baby room. The plan is blue on the walls, brown on the curtains, and orange and green as accent colors which may include but is not limited to, the crib bumper, painted frames on the walls and perhaps the color of the monsters.




What? Monsters, did you say? Yes. Monsters. I am theme-ing this room with monsters. Not scary monsters, but funny cheery ones that make you want to learn more about their friendly personalities. I was going to include pictures of samples of what i'm thinking but that might spoil the surprise so for now, stay tuned for surprisingly fun monster decor.

*I reserve the right to change my mind on this at any time.

sorry it's been so long, more later, and stuff.

3 comments:

Becky Swann said...

Like it like it like it, can't wait to see those monsters I love that idea

Jennifer Hambrick said...

good colors, and an even better idea with the monsters! i can totally see in my head the cute monsters you'll come up with...of course they are probably different than the ones in your head =)

maybe you can integrate this new idea with some of your older ones your posted about earlier this year...

monsters smoking pot?

or you could take it in a whole new direction...

how about monsters wearing speedos?

Carrie said...

Your theme reminds me of the kids book "Where the Wild things Are" -it's being made into a movie- to be released in October of this year. Maybe that can be the first outing for Trevor Jr. :)

Here's the link to the trailer if you are interested- perhaps it will inspire some ideas:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NOkQ4dYVaM

Although I think that these monsters may be in the scary catergory....