It's a boy, it's a boy, it's a boy, it's a boy.
Praise ye the Lord.
(repeat)
Praise ye the Lord. It's a boy.
Praise ye the Lord. It's a boy.
Praise ye the Lord. It's a boy.
Praise ye the Lord!
In honor of the song here is a picture of our little man conveniently outlined for your viewing ease.

as you can see he's doing some warm-up yoga stretches. Very cute. Either that or he's trying to cover his ears because his mother is shouting "hurray" so loudly. Yea, probably the latter. :)
Well now that we know that this little fellow is indeed a little fellow there are a couple of problems that have arisen.
1. A name.
We had a girl name we were pretty happy with but have yet to determine one single boy name that we are both happy with. Sigh. I have searched the highest mountains and crossed the widest seas (of the internet that is) and am growing more and more (fat?) no, concerned. ok, fine, fat too. ;) Here's our criteria: we want a name that is unique aka not common, but not confusing. We want a name that sounds good with Taylor and preferably one that means something (in other words we don't' want to name our son something that means 'silly pants' or something negative).
ok, consider this the official invitation to send all suggestions you might have. Seriously, we could use all the help we can get.
2. Music control
What i mean by this is that Trevor has already expressed concern about the amount of Amy Grant this baby will be subjected to. I think he would have been more understanding had it been a girl, however since it is a boy he is planning on laying down some listening limitations. I can see this putting a damper on my nightly 2 hour sessions of blasting "Baby Baby" through the headphones on my stomach...
3. did i mention a name?
yes? Ok fine just wanted to make sure that was adequately covered as a concern.
Alright then more later on other big endeavors we are delving into in the Taylor household.
Stay tuned.
*p.s. yes the blog is now green in honor of the new male addition to our family. :)
20 comments:
hmm...since i'm stuck at the airport here are a few:
Atticus - has a certain literary feel to it :)
Aiden (or Aidan) or w/ a y - wait too many spellings to make this worth it (kind of like kathryn)
Bradyn (different)
i also took the baby name wizard (enter the last name and it spits one out - Ercole Taylor ) ahh that's horrible!
Blithe was another one it gave (anne of green gables anyone?)
i'm seeing why this is so hard now.
there was a kid i knew growing up - Andrew Taylor - always thought that was a nice normal name option :) apparently it has a greek origin of man, warrior and also biblical:)
good luck!
oh wait -
forgot the obvious:
malcolm
bonsall
chaz
rex
james
zachary
Well I kept thinking the name Hudson, then I realized hey, Hudson Tayler that sounds familiar and he is a famous missionary to Africa, I think I did a book report on him. I am going to think of some more names, maybe some people from your past will leave them in future comments
ok so I thought of some names and decided to do a little of the grunt work and look up their meanings as well!
aren't I nice?
Jude- as in Hey, Jude, also means Praise and Thanks!
Also Judah- (same meaning as Jude)
Aric- like Eric but with an A, means eternal ruler-(pretty cool)
Beck-(for obvious reasons) means dweller near the brook- hmmm
Dexter and call him Dex-means right handed
Abel- means breath
Cain-(the obvious next one on the list after Abel) means a spear
Oliver-get this means elf army-might as well be silly pants eh?
Cord (one I just made up)- means maker of Cord-go figure- so would that be a Taylor that makes cord...hmmm
Nigel- means champion! da da daaaa
Henry and call him Hank- I just love this name- it means home-ruler
Well I really like playing this game so you will probably be hearing more from me soon!
Oh and Katie who are James and Zachary?
yea i was wondering that too, James is Trev's dad's name but i assume this was a Hart reference.
never mind. duh, James Taylor and the president Zachary Taylor.
ok sorry.
Oh Katie is so much smarter than us, just curious what was your girls name?
good luck Becky....getting Briana to tell us the girls name she had...if you get her to reveal it I will have to seriouosly question my ranking in her favorite persons list...I guess we will have to wait 2-3 years to find out...unless she has all boys....now there's an interesting thought
the social security website (I think it's www dot ss dot gov but you might have to google it) has a link to the top 100 names for the last 100 or so years. That might give you some good ideas and some insight into trends.
http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/
There's that link. It's a good site. Enjoy.
Congratulations on the boy!! I am so glad that he cooperated. I don't think I can help you with names since we don't know if we are having a boy or girl yet and I don't want to risk losing any names that we might want to use. I'm sure you understand :)Although I do like Finn. I don't think we will use that, Finn Glenn, a little too rhymie. Oh and someone else mentioned Beck. I like that too. But, it is a little close to Glenn Beck (if you are familiar with Fox news). Fun times! I am excited to hear what you come up with.
seriously Briana, you aren't telling the girl name??
As I ponder the name sharing dilema I realize now that Briana is right to NOT share the name. If it is a unique name then it is possible that someone else may use it before she has a chance, then it won't be quite as unique....but seeing as I am her mother and I won't be having anymore children...I can certainly be trusted ☺
negative. the girl name (which was still tentative anyway) will remain under wraps until it is needed. or i receive a giant monetary bribe-- so mom, there is hope! ;)
how about Bald Head Island for a week....all expenses paid!
Thinking of Trevor doing all your home improvement, I thought of Tim Taylor???????????????
mom, does not count.
Aunt Ginnie--great idea, then the middle name could be "the tool man".
Aunt Dee Dee I would love to go to Bald Head Island with you and will be emailing you all my future baby names soon:) Can't wait for our trip! :)
Briana this is very unfair because I TOLD YOU the secret baby names for my future children...you don't play fair
glad you two figured out james and hudson and zachary taylor - funny i didn't know trevor's dad's name was james. good luck with all the home improvement projects.
Where's the place on bald head island - i might be in the neighborhood:)
I once went to a baby shower and the "game" was who has the oldest kids (obviously a shout out to the Grandmas) and then a prize/gift for whoever had the youngest kids (I almost raised my hand!!) don't play this game at your baby showers - it's off putting to your single friends:) i'm sure you'll come up with a great name!
Post a Comment