Thursday, May 7, 2009

a nurturing nursery

One of the more exciting things we've been thinking about here in baby-land, is how to decorate the nursery. We still have another 2 weeks until we find out the gender so in the meantime we've just been brainstorming some cute ideas.


One of the problems we've run into is finding age-appropriate themes for the room. It just seems to us, and no offense to those of you out there who have used these items in your decor, but it seems to us that a lot of the more common themes are really just not appropriate.

For instance, baby animals. What are we teaching here? Wild animals are our friends? That cuddly lion on the wall would be great to meet up close? I think not.


And it continues? Bees, flowers and birds = death, allergies and bacteria breeders! I could go on but you get my drift. We want to make sure that we are surrounding our loved one with visual images that not only cause them to think about the world around them, but also gives them things to aspire to. (I'm pretty sure i just ended that sentence with a preposition but i don't'care at.)

After much discussion and soul searching, we've decided that the best method is to pick some of our favorite things and surround our child with these.

So, without further ado, here are a couple of wall borders we are considering for the baby's room.

All of these are gender neutral so they will work whether we are having a boy or a girl...











or, our personal favorite...



5 comments:

Becky Swann said...

This is really funny! I personally think the cigarette butts are the best, I mean baby's have little butts too, it's perfect:)
This post gives me so much confidence in the mother you will be:)

Heidi said...

I'm dying, just dying! :)

megan said...

why choose? 4 walls, 4 themes. done.

Jennifer Hambrick said...

what...no knives or drugs? really? how are you going to expect your child to grow up well adjusted without these two essentials?

Briana said...

i did forget those, hmmmm maybe i'll have to do a collage so we can include everything. I also had a border with anorexic models, but for some reason they turned green when i uploaded them, which was very distracting so i had to leave them off.