Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Catch up

Well, we have a lot to catch up on, eh? As you super-observant observers might have noticed the ultrasound was dated in March so as of now I have made it to the highly anticipated and sought-after land mark of 14 weeks. (large collective sigh).

You probably want to thank me that you haven't been subjected to blog posts regarding those last 10 or so weeks. Yea...I'll give you a quick little over view and you'll understand. But first, some FAQ's...

1. How far along are you?
-ok, you haven't been listening, i'm 14 weeks, try to pay attention.

2. Why did you wait so long to make the announcement?
-well when your friends and family are spread all over it makes telling everyone harder. We told my family at 8 weeks and Trevor's at 10 (during appropriately placed vacations). Then we had to tell friends and really when you feel like dying you don't feel like calling to share good news that much so it took a lot longer.

3. How are you feeling?
-ok, you asked for it...let's just say this was 1,934,996,795 times harder then i'd ever imagined. I was sick, very, very sick. I wanted to die for about 6 weeks. I'm not being dramatic, i really wanted to die. It was horrible, awful and every evil bad word you can think of. That's the hard truth folks. Ok, well the good news is i've slowly been returning to the land of the living. I'm feeling good most of the time and even though i still don't have much energy, it's TONS better then I was and i'm so incredibly grateful.

4.When do you find out if you are having a boy or a girl?
-In 3 weeks! Isn't that crazy?! Yea, technology man, it rocks. So yea, very excited about that.

5. What do you want, or think you are having?
-Jenn, please ask Ella so i can answer this question appropriately. ;) I think we are having a boy and we would prefer a boy first. But then i think about having a girl and i want a girl. I think either way i'm going to be disappointed. If it's a boy then i'll go, "Oh, i wanted a girl", and if it's a girl I'll go "Oh, i wanted a boy". And no, don't even think it, there is ONE baby in there!

6. What's your due date?
- October 28th. Our 4th anniversary is October 8th, Kaley's birthday is October 11th, our niece Autumn's 1st birthday will be October 16th and Chaz's is November 1st...not to mention Halloween (which i refuse to have the baby on) so lots of dates to work around there.

7. What will the baby's favorite color be?
-What? that's not a frequently asked question? Fine. but the answer is still blue. ;)

ok, did i miss anything? everything? Who knows, i'm new at this so fill me in peeps!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Yeah, I'm thinking boy too. I could be wrong, but so far I'm right about each of mine & all my friends. So start picking out boy names my dear. ;)

Becky Swann said...

I'm so glad that you made it to the 14 weeks, I know that feeling of death, it is no fun at all. I hope your second trimester is filled with dandylions and roses:)
I know you will love either a boy or a girl and will be an amazing mother to either!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Ok, here's the dealio. I asked Ella if you were going to have a boy or girl and this was her reply:

"A girl, and she should name her Collena"

There you go. Wonder no more.

You did great on all the details in this post...all that's missing is a belly picture =) I'm sorry that you were so sick and hope that the rest of the pregnancy is more pleasant! I'll pray for you.

I second Becky's sentiments...you will be an amazing mom to either a boy or girl!

Love you!

Carrie said...

I am thinking a girl, only because you have been so sick. All of my friends that got really sick had girls... Until I voted on the sex of the baby it was tied three to three. It's fun to be the tie breaker. :)