Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Birthday....snow??!

Come on spring, are you gonna let winter treat you like this? It's April for crying out loud! Apparently Spring doesn't care because it's April 7th and it's snowing. Yes, snowing, in Chattanooga. It doesn't even snow here in January, oh but it will snow in April, right when you don't want it to. sigh...

Reminds me of my (11th?, 12th?) birthday. I had it all planned out. All my best buds were going to come over and it was going to be super warm (not sure how i had deluded myself into thinking it would be super warm in April in Virginia) and we would all get to go swimming. So, i called all my friends to have them bring their bathing suits for the big swim party i never got to have. I think my birthday was on a Saturday that year (isn't that the greatest?) so everyone spent the night on Friday and we woke up Birthday morning to....snow. Oh yes, the dreaded birthday snow. We got a good 3-4 inches too. (I am very hesitant to include any details in this story since i know Becky will be reading it and has a memory like a brainiac elephant...go ahead and correct me where i'm wrong, B. ;)

I wish i had the picture of all of us girls with our snow covered clothes smiling through the glass doors to post here....no idea where that sucker is... ahhhh, memories.

Anyway, needless to say, we did not have swim party, nor have I ever had a birthday swim party, oh how i envied Naomi and Jaime and their summer birthdays.... ;)

Well, tomorrow's the big day. the big day. if it's snowing today can i expect super warm weather tomorrow? somehow i think i should not get my hopes up...

8 comments:

Becky Swann said...

It has actually snowed here on april 7 (i can remember this because it is Jeremiah's birthday) several times, but I guess chattanooga is a different story.
But Briana I don't know what my deal is but I don't remember that party! were you at Rainbow forest house? the puppy party? or at the lake? (the fight party or the modeling video party?)hmmm I might need a spark to get my fire going...happy almost birthday something is in the mail...:)

Naomi said...

It's funny because I always envied people who got to have their birthday parties at school. Everyone was there, you got to have cupcakes, the school day stopped for your birthday. So, much fun! I don't remember that party either (perhaps I wasn't invited :)) And I definitely remember the "fight" party. Too funny! Happy Birthday!

Becky Swann said...

I'm so glad Naomi read that too, but let's not forget she was in the modeling videos too!! haha
so which one was it briana I came back here to find out!

Briana said...

neither. this one was at Rainbow forrest. I remember Jennifer Pagan and Jessica Baratta where there...um, i think Naomi was and I'd assume you were Becky,though you might have missed the sleepover...mom do you remember the picture i'm talking about or any more details? hmmmm... i can't believe you don't remember Becky! And you only missed one of my birthdays right? was it this one? hmmm, the birthday baffle.

DeeDee said...

yes, I do vividly remember the party....I think that Becky was there....how could she ever have forgotten it. Somewhere there is a picture..maybe Kaley can help me search.

PS...Happy "offical" birthday sweetie!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Happy Happy Birthday dearest B!

I'd love to hear how you spent your day...

besides the shoveling snow part =)

Becky Swann said...

I think I will need a picture. But I do remember very well the one I did not attend, because I was not invited--------first grade! sarah motley, megan weaver, no becky haha
Was it the rainbow forest one where we slumbered in the insane basement and threw the glow in the dark frisbee in the dark and I ran full speed into a supporter poll, with my face! I think this was the party

Anonymous said...

Ok, time for a new post my dear! I miss you, feel like I haven't seen you in forever! :)