Tuesday, October 14, 2008

and the weird thing is...

Success! I have finished the movie (p.s. i love you). Yes, finished w/o crying. I'm pretty excited about that, i even watched about 1/2 hour all at once! Ok well now that the movies' over here's my evaluation: good, actually better than i expected.

spoiler alert: don't read this unless you don't care about me spoiling the ending...

ok, i was SO glad that she and Harry Connick Jr didn't end up together.
a) because i hate him and think he's the biggest sappy retard ever and
b) because it was the typical "she's-going-to-end-up-with-him" setup...i hate predictable endings with retarded people.
anyway that was a pleasant surprise.





ok, now it's time for a poll.--------------------
You are in a conversation where you have the perfect response (either a movie quote, funny inside joke, witty banter -type response etc) however you realize that your wit and humor will be totally lost on your recipient. Do you...

a) say it anyway because it is the perfect opporitunity and if you ever get to heaven and watch your whole life as a movie (Duane Barger?) then you'll be glad you did

or

b) keep it to yourself becaus there's no point in wasting genius when it won't be appreciated.

tell me your answer and i'll tell you mine.

8 comments:

Becky Swann said...

Ok I watched that movie too and they are like trying to get you to cry in it, Overall I was annoyed I think it was too long, buuut I'm glad she didn't end up with him either...same reasons...very "Hope Floats"
Yes I always say what I'm thinking even if it is an inside joke they will never get, because if Duane is right and we live in a world where there is a town called Odyssey I just want to be sure

Becky Swann said...

Ok I watched that movie too and they are like trying to get you to cry in it, Overall I was annoyed I think it was too long, buuut I'm glad she didn't end up with him either...same reasons...very "Hope Floats"
Yes I always say what I'm thinking even if it is an inside joke they will never get, because if Duane is right and we live in a world where there is a town called Odyssey I just want to be sure

Becky Swann said...

oooo double the fun

Anonymous said...

a) but for a different reason, I say my "perfect responses" and other quips for ME...so it doesn't really matter if the other person got it or not, I'm still laughing my head off.

Anonymous said...

briana, to answer your poll I try not to but I sometimes can't help myself from sharing stories or comments that they couldn't possibly get or inside jokes from ages ago.

T and B Rowe said...

my vote is...
SAY IT!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks :)

megan said...

love it! love it!
hope that answers your question briananana.