Tuesday, August 26, 2008

big man, small world


In this picture:
my aunt Cyndy, Timmy's dad, and my dad.


you feel this needs some explanation?

Part one:
while growing up i would occasionally hear stories about a really tall guy who went to camp with my dad and uncle Doug. He was so tall that he would hang off the ends of his bunk bed. He also dated my aunt Cyndy for a while.

Part two:
Trevor's college roommate and our friend Timmy is incredibly tall and his dad is even taller.

Part three:
Timmy was in our wedding, along with my dad and uncle Doug.

Part four:
Uncle Doug connects the dots with the tall guy who dated aunt Cyndy and the tall guy in our wedding.

Eureka! Aunt Cyndy dated Timmy's dad!

Part five:
Mom found this picture of a really tall guy among my grandparents' old family photos.

Part six.
this blog post.

Part seven:
Hopefully everyone will be distracted by how close Timmy and I came to being cousins that they won't notice how ridiculous my dad looks in the picture. what family resemblance?!

12 comments:

Becky Swann said...

Briana I really thought you photoshopped Uncle Bonz's face onto some weird boy! this really made me laugh.
Leave it to Uncle doug to figure these things out I feel he does that stuff alot! very cool story

Becky Swann said...

also...very clever title

DeeDee said...

be careful Briana....many say you look sooo much like your dad ☺

Becky Swann said...

I know Briana looks exactly like him in this picture!
:) :) :)

Anonymous said...

Totally!

Doug said...

"Feeling Awkward?" would be my caption,

Yikes! that is too funny Briana. Yes, I set my sister up on a "date" kind of, when Craig came to visit. I think that might have been 1970. So notice the cool sandals Bonz is wearing.

Craig and I were both friends with George Scipione, at Hilltop Ranch that summer, George later went to Westminster Seminary, recommended it to me and Craig, we both went and by that influence ended up in the PCA, which had an indirect result in Briana and Timmy ending up at Covenant College.

God's Providence is cool! Just think if I had not known Craig Rowe and George, Briana might not have ever known Trevor...

KT said...

wow...small world! and has your dad seen this post yet - the camera must have been at a weird angle - almost as fun as the wedding pics (my parents ) w/ him w/ what looks like lipstick:)

Jennifer Hambrick said...

yea, i've seen that same look on your face a time or two =)

Anonymous said...

nice reporting briana! the odeyssy owl is lucky to have you to unravel such a complex tale.

Becky Swann said...

i have to say I just keep looking at that picture and laughing at uncle bonz

Doug said...

I think now it was 1968.. Bonz would be 12 almost 13?

kate said...

oh, this made me laugh out loud. you are so funny, briana!

and that picture is aMazing.