Wednesday, July 30, 2008

this land is My land...

I love where I live. Correction, I love where WE live. (sorry I've been getting some slack lately for referring to "my house" and "my dogs" and "my wife" what?! ok just kidding on that last one).

Anyway, there is something magical about being able to see 7 states and living so close to a national historic mechanical engineering landmark that really warms my hart.

I love the view, I love the seasons, I love the proximity to ATL and Nashville (Knoxville is really just a small thorn in my side since my experience there has more to do with long lines of traffic and getting lost and cold when rendezvous-ing with the Badley Cousin).

Chattanooga....mmmm.....good.


Really the only things I don't like about our (see I used "our" instead of "my") town is its proximity to Florida, Virginia, North Carolina and Italy. However once I finish my teleporter (yes, "my" you think Trevor helped build this highly complex, modern-day-miracle of mechanical engineering science?!--right) all our problems will just melt away. Melt away like butter or chapstick that's gone through the dryer.

The only thing left to do is the renewing of the passport ritual. As soon as I can come up with a clever disguise I will be re-taking that passport photo and then following due course to passporting freedom.

However, at the end of the day (see i can do all these things in one day with my teleporter) there is no place like home.

2 comments:

Becky Swann said...

I can't figure out how to sign in as a different name please tell me..
I like the knoxville part and the melted chapstick part, both I can relate to and both equally frustrating

Becky Swann said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.