Most of you know this about me. I hate waiting for things. I hate waiting in line, I hate waiting for my birthday, I hate waiting for Mia to decide that she's ready to eat her food (daily battle which consists of her eyeing the food and Zoe for about 3 minutes before she's ready to eat), I hate waiting to eat when I'm hungry, I hate waiting-- period.
My top 3 most hated waiting occurances are:
1. I hate waiting in the deli line at the grocery store. Hate it, hate it, hate it.
2. I hate waiting for gas to pump. Hate it, hate it.
3. I hate waiting for paint to dry on my paintings. Hate it.
* Actually to be perfectly honest # 1 would be that I hate to wait on God, because I am consistently impatient to figure out things in my life and then to fix them in my time and not waiting for God's timing. I seem to have to learn this lesson a lot...perhaps i have a short term memory problem....
Oddly enough i have no problem waiting for my drink to be fixed at a coffee shop, waiting for the last possible minute to leave the house (this usually has more to do with my love of sleep and my belief that I can accomplish more than the average human in limited amounts of time), waiting for someone to call me back (ok, ok that's because it makes me feel better for not returning phone calls very punctually), I also don't mind waiting to open presents on the day of celebration, whether that is Christmas or my birthday.
Perhaps the things that i'm impatient about and those i'm patient about even themselves out?
Yea, I didn't think so either.
4 comments:
Hmm...what prompted this list? was it perhaps having to wait until June 7th for a big event?
I had NO idea you were impatient! ;) You just have to sing that bull frogs & butterflies song "Have Patience".
ummm...i kinda don't get the drawing. what does that picture have to do with waiting? it appears they are stuck in a cave. anyway.
they are stuck in a block of ice and they have to wait for it to melt before they can get out.
Post a Comment