Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rye's Birthday: Before

For reasons that will be made clear, this portion of Rye's birthday is dubbed 'before'.

Trev and I wanted to have Rye open his presents from us before (no, that's not the before) his grandparents arrived, and before (nope not that one either) his party. You know, just some family bonding time. So, Thursday afternoon (10/21) we opened his presents from us. These consisted of a pile of books and 4 monster friends I made for him.

his new monster friends...
pouring over Diego with Mommy
investigating the monster books with Dad
I must say, he did an excellent job of seeming interested and even sometimes excited about his presents.

check out the eyebrow...
My sweet one-year old.

So, operation birthday part one was a success!

p.s. Rex, the shirt was supposed to be a surprise for later, but oh well, here it is....we wanted him to have a "Rex" shirt. :)

5 comments:

Becky Swann said...

Those monsters are so cool Rye! Your mom is pretty cool!

Naomi said...

Happy Birthday, Rye! I love the look on his face where he is looking at the Monster's Inc book. And the monsters are awesome! Great job!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

is it bad that i'm jealous of rye's monsters? very cool work Briana.

i love a good before and after story...even better if you thrown in a during part. my interest is piqued.

Happy Birthday Rye!!!!

Unknown said...

Love the shirt, I'm just throwing this out there, but I think he should continuously have some kind of "Rex", "T-Rex" or some variation thereof through his entire life. Yeah, definitely...

Briana said...

we are still waiting for the "after"....oh the joys....however i am confident that this illness will not (despite all current indications) last forever. so sooner or more likely, later, there will be an "after".