The blessed event stemmed from my spiteful cruelty in taking away his teething biscuit so that he might actually eat some of his lunch. Mind you this was done with malice in my heart. Rye so thoughtfully expressed the error of my way by throwing his head back, flailing his arms and screaming at the top of his lungs. He even manged a couple of giant crocodile tears as further evidence to the extent of his pain and heartache. Heartache indeed. Its'interesting during such um, shall i say, learning experiences?, to take note of the thoughts that run through one's mind. Here were some of mine:
-oh please stop, this is embarassing
-he's not stopping
-oh there are tears
-ok, he's going to stop now
-nope, still not stopping
-what should I do?
-ok take the puffs of the tray before he throws....
-too late
-ok express to him (in various methods) that this is not ok
-yea, ok THAT worked (sarcasm intended)
-i can't believe he hasn't stopped
-he's never acted this bad before
-oh gosh (this sums up dread for the inevitable future)
-ok try to feed the spinach again maybe that will distract him
-nope
-ok try ignoring him until he's done
-still continuing....
-wow i wish Trev was here to see this
-ok he seems to be calming down lets try the food again
-nope, oh great here we go again.....
and so on and so forth. I"m sure all of you veteran moms are smiling and nodding right now and a good bunch of you are thinking "just you wait". That's the problem, i have an idea of what's to come and honestly prefer my little pumpkin of 'whatever is fine' love to this hellion that landed at my dining room table. sigh....and the joys of parenting continue.
for the record though his 'fake cry' face (which shared equal airtime with 'authentically very upset' face) is adorable. ok, well my little angel is awakening from his blissful slumber so i bid you ado...
8 comments:
I believe Madeline's first one was in Target. With lots of people to observe. Oliver, he's been throwing fits for a long time. He gets mad when you take anything away from him. He does the whole, limp body, head back screaming thing. It's fun. :) I don't know that it gets worse. In fact, I think it is much easier to deal with Madeline's now than when she was a baby. She can understand that if she throws a fit, she has to sit in her room by herself until she stops. Somehow, I don't think Oliver would get that at this point.
adieu, not ado. shouldn't you know that seeing as how you're so frenchy? I know how passionate you are about grammar and spelling so I wanted to help you out. You're welcome!
Sounds like fun, glad his Hart tendencies are manifesting themselves more and more...
good times =) !!
Okay Rex...since you have felt free to correct Briana. Hart tendencies should be spelled "heart" tendencies.
God's amazing grace is sufficient for that and for Briana as she patiently teaches little sweetie pie Rye.
Did he start screaming in his tent at the promise land at camp eagle?( I hope Naomi comes back to see that reference)
I just have to say that I find your honesty refreshing:) always have always will
Becky, I can honestly say that I don't remember what you are referring too. Can you remind me?
Remember when we camped out at the "promised land" at camp eagle and briana and abby and I had to share a tent with that stinky girl who let tons of gigantic crickets in our tent, and briana and I freaked out,..I think I actually came and shared a sleeping bag with you after and we heard briana screaming and yelling all night?
um, that is NOT how i remember it!
Post a Comment