
Briana: Rye, thanks so much for finding time to meet with us in your busy schedule.
Rye: mama-baba-ahhhhh!
Translation: No, thank you Mama for compiling these little tidbits of my life these days.
Briana: My pleasure, now lets talk about your recent achievements, this has been a big month for you, hasn't it?
Rye: Mmmmm, boo-gaa-babbababaaa
Translation: Yes it has. This past month I have started crawling and am now up to about 5mph! Also I have been shaking my head "no" instead of screaming when i don't want something (sometimes, at least). I've also been pointing to what I want which makes it so much easier for Mama and Dada to get what I need.
Briana: Wow, what great feats! Now i hear your Mom is also especially excited about another trick you learned....something regarding a cup....
Rye: AHHHH! Mama, baba, goo-dada ba
Translation: Oh yea! I can now drink out of a sippy cup!! This is very exciting to me, but more so to my Mom, I think.
Briana: Exciting times indeed. How have you been sleeping this month?
Rye: a-goooob!
Translation: Good, but I'm starting to need less sleep during the day. Sometimes I take 2 naps, sometimes 1, it just depends. But i'm still sleeping great at night.
Briana: Guess you love your sleep like your Mama, huh?
Rye: Mama
Translation: (none)
Briana: Any special interests you are developing?
Rye: Duh!!!! Uh, uh, DUH!!!
Translation: DIEGO! I love Diego! I get so excited when Mom lets me watch him and I even recognize pictures of him and get really excited about that too! AND even if you start singing the song I recognize that too!
Briana: Wow! That's great. Diego and Dora can teach you lots of great things and keep you entertained when Mom and Dad have to get something done. Now, I understand that you have an even bigger month ahead of you?
Rye: ma-baba eeeee agooo
Translation: My birthday! My very first birthday is coming up in less than a month!
Briana: Wow, that is exciting. Any special plans?
Rye: ahhh-la-uuueooo
Translation: Definitely. But, they are a surprise, all i know is that Mom asked me to compile my birthday list and i think that there will be monsters at the party. Also, my friends, and something called "cake" but I don't know what that is. I think it will be fun.
Briana: Sounds fun. I'm sure your Mom and Dad will come up with some great ways to celebrate. We'll have to check back in with you and see how it went. Thanks again so much Rye for squeezing us in between your naps and playing with blocks. It's been a pleasure chatting with you.
Rye: Mama
Translation: Thanks, you too Mom.
3 comments:
That was so creative Briana....I loved it.
And it's obvious he loves his momma. Great news about the sippy cup...no more soaked shirts!
we should put this in our movie
maybe the next generation can make their own movie and we can direct? ha, like they'd let us!
Post a Comment