I am applying for an art exhibit.
-deep breath-
It is an emerging artist exhibit which would ideally be the perfect first big step towards making a name (and hopefully some money) for myself in the "art world." No pressure, right?
AVA (Association for the Visual Arts in Tennessee) is putting on an emerging artist exhibit that starts September 11 (which is the day of the Gallery Hop for those of you from the area). It is a juried exhibit and I have to send in 10 digital images of 10 pieces, an artist statement, resume and a small application fee. The deadline is Monday. MONDAY.
So, as the deadline approaches I've been frantically trying to make decisions, write respectable things about myself and my art and overall just pull myself together. (special thanks to Mom who came and helped with Rye--and everything else--so i could concentrate on this)
As a result of this experience I have finished 10 new paintings in the last 2 months. Probably more than I did all last year combined. Quite a feat I am proud of.
Here today, for the first time, is one of the new ones I'm most excited about.

"Hycinthia" oil on canvas, 12" x 12"
I"ll find out July 6th if I've gotten in so stay tuned for that dramatic answer. Also, I'll be sharing some of my new art both on my art blog and on my website very soon. Stay tuned and thanks again for all the support!
p.s. the title of the exhibit is "Fresh" hence the title of the blog. fyi.
1 comment:
LOVE THIS ONE! I am very very proud of you. Remember as an artist there are no rules just be your awesome self, show your awesome work and they will love you, just like I do!
Post a Comment