Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Is this a trick Question?

Setting: Ace Hardware
Cast: Me, Cashier and Middle aged gentleman checking out ahead of me.

Man hands cashier a PLUNGER to check out.
Cashier: Will this be all?
Man: Yes.
Cashier: Who's this for?
(remember, he's buying a plunger)
Man's expression starts out at "Excuse me" and ends up somewhere around "none of your business".
Man: Um...???
Me: aside--heheheeee
Cashier: Do you have an account here?
Man: Oh! Uh, no.
Cashier: Ok.
a minute passes....
Me to Man: That's kind of an awkward question when you are buying a plunger huh?
aside---heheheee
Man: Yea, I was trying to figure that one out. I was thinking...um it's for the toilet?
Cashier shoots me a dirty look, she's not finding this amusing at all.

I think that most of you will be pleased to know that for once it wasn't me saying the awkward stupid things!

No comments: