Sunday, November 22, 2009

I'm 1 month old!!

Hiya kids, it's Rye here. Mom let me write on her blog as a special present on my one month birthday! Can you believe I've been here for a month? Yea, me neither. Believe me, this wide world takes some getting used to. But I'm enjoying things so far, with the exception of naptime.

Don't get me wrong, I do love a good sleep (I'm my mother's son after all) but the whole falling asleep thing...yea not my favorite. But that's pretty much the only time I'm fussy. It's also when I do my best tricks. Like the time I got out of my "burrito"* yep, I wriggled out and then took a tour of my crib. I was in the other corner when mom came up to check on me. But I topped that one when the next day when I manged to get out of the burrito and my pants and I was half way out of my diaper when Mom came in. Man, you should have seen the look on her face!
That's pretty much how I spend my time, playing tricks on Mom, hanging out with my monster friends and overall just being the cutest baby the world has ever seen. Well, I better go, it's almost my naptime, but before I go here are some recent pictures of me. Mom said I had to post pictures if I wanted to blog, so here they are.

Here's one right after I'm born, just for context so you can see how much I've changed. Oh, and that's my Dad. He's pretty much the coolest Dad a boy could ask for. I sure do look little in this picture...wow!


Here's a picture of me hanging out on my boppy.** I was giving Mommy my "are we done here yet?" look, she gets a little long winded with the photoshoots some time.


Oh, here's a good one. I do this when Mommy does Yoga. You know it's never to early to work on your core.

Here's a close up of my fingers. I hear that the girls go crazy for baby fingers, so here they are...


Here's one taken today of me snuggling with Daddy, which, is pretty much my favorite thing to do. Oh, and as you can see I have my Dad's forehead.


...and my mommy's eyes. They are still blue at this point (Mom keeps asking me if they are going to change, like I have a clue!) but the shape is definitely Mommy's.


And, last but not least here is what Mommy calls the "glory shot" from today. No idea what that means but she said I had to include it.


Ok, well that's it for me. Love to all my peeps, or Mommy's peeps at least. My sleepytime bear is calling my name...

Baby Lingo
* Burrito is baby speak for how you wrap up babies super tight in a blanket so they can't get out.
**Boppy is a "u" shaped pillow that's for us babies.

7 comments:

Becky Swann said...

Why is it that all baby terminology usually starts with a "B", boppy, bourn, bumbo, burrito...just a random thought.
He is doing a good job growing! I can't believe that about getting out of the swaddle and his pants! What a sneaky little guy! He looks alot like you! I tried to compare the forehead to trevor and I scrolled up and he didn't have one, maybe it's because he gave his to Rye?!
Way to go guys on making it through the first month! It is huge!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Wow! You are all alive (and look to be thriving!) after 1 month...what an accomplishment!!

I still can't believe I thought you couldn't do it =)

I agree he has your eyes...and from his first blog post...your sense of humor as well.

T and B Rowe said...

Happy 1 Month, Rye! Hope your mommy lets you write more often - you do a better job than she does. Shhhh... don't tell her!

KT said...

rye -we can't wait to meet you (hopefully? ) at christmas? you're doing a great job briana!

Ginnie said...

What a darling baby boy you are Rye and so talented!

You did a great job writing this blog. Your ole Aunt Ginnie loves seeing your new looks and hearing about your tricks. I know your Uncle Chaz and Uncle Rex can teach you many more really good tricks :)

Carrie said...

Rye you have gotten so big in just a month! What a handsome little boy you are!

Heidi said...

Rye, Avery & I have been sitting here looking at all of your cute pictures. Kiddo you are growing too fast! Avery can't wait to meet you one day. Give your mommy hugs for us!