I have named the bird couple Bob & Marie.
Here's Bob and Marie snuggling in their nest

Here's one of Bob keeping lookout while Marie tends to the nest...

And here.....is why this story has become a suspense instead of a drama....
our very unwelcome visitor.....

(seriously, same tree--great picture huh? no photoshopping here, this is an actual live hawk that is preying on the neighborhood)
Sarah and I check in at least once a morning to make sure that "Danger" as I've named the hawk, is leaving Bob & Marie alone.
So far, so good.
However, the other morning I heard a ruckus and looked out the window just in time to see a little bird fly by with Danger right on his tail! (literally, get it?) ok, this was bad. BAD. So Sarah and I ran to the back office window (with a view down the street) and met up with David (70 year old man who works with the supplies for the building). He confirms, in gross unnecessary details our fears, because right outside his window (mom, you might want to skip this part...) the hawk caught the bird (WAS NOT BOB OR MARIE) in his giant talons. The bird was a pigeon and we have decided that he was an evil pigeon that was tormenting young children and he had malice in his heart and thus deserved his fate. (ok, so that just makes us feel better, whatever).
YIKES! We did see Bob & Marie later that day so we confirmed that they were ok (our chief concern) and although disgusted/intrigued and grossed out by the murder we witnessed we felt somewhat better about Bob and Marie being ok.
So, now we have had to step up our watch since we know what Danger is capable of.
Then a couple of days ago Danger, who seems to be flaunting his power in our faces (really what could we do, the stupid windows don't open!) anyway, Danger flew up into OUR tree with his latest catch. Don't worry, it wasn't Bob or Marie and it wasn't even a bird this time...it was a rat. Gross. We caught some pictures of this massacre, so if you aren't gory-shy check them out...

Well, Trevor is totally jealous that I get to see such awesome things from my window at work. See here for another example you may have missed.
I on the other hand, am very worried about Bob & Marie. Only time will tell, but in the meantime, we keep on keeping an eye out for our fair feathered friends.

3 comments:
Ok, I've seen that hawk flying around downtown lately. The first time I saw it I thought I was imagining it (lack of sleep & all). That's just gross, gross, gross. Good luck to bob & marie!
Wow. I hope you keep us updated on the fate of Bob and Marie =)
This is gross and hilarious,
things I like
a.the name danger and the clever punery this name brought about
b.the fact that there are real pictures to go along with the story
c.how gross it all is
well done
Post a Comment