Thursday, February 12, 2009

Small is big.

Today will probably end up being like any other day. I probably won't remember it in 10 years, or 10 days. I'm ok with that. However I do want to remember just a couple things about this morning. Nothing special, but it was one of those mornings that makes you smile and go "this is a good morning"---which for me is a noteworthy because i'm more of a night person.

Again nothing unusual, but a couple of small good things happened..

I woke up to smooth, soft sheets.
--we got new sheets on our bed and they fit around our giant mattress pad/cushion thing--noteworthy because our other fitted sheet was constantly coming off and getting bunched up and driving me bananas. Plus these sheets (mom, you will love this...)are organic. They are made from bamboo but they are the softest, bestestest sheets.

Zoe put her arm around me when i gave her a hug.
--she does this great thing where she'll roll over on her side and then swing her left arm up and around you so that she can actually hug you back. it is the greatest.

The first thing i tried on actually looked presentable.
--I hate dressing up for work and it usually takes me a couple tries to find something that works. Just a nice little treat.

my house was (somewhat) clean this morning.
--I spent 4 hours last night cleaning and working on house projects. It was so nice to wake up and see what i'd accomplished.

There was a beautiful sunrise.
--Usually being up early enough to see this makes me grouchy, not today.

I'm sitting at my desk with a warm cup of coffee and listening to Amy Grant.
--no explanation needed here.

That's all, i just want to remember these little things that made it a great morning today.

the end.

3 comments:

Becky Swann said...

That does sound like a good morning, and no sleepy stomach that is the best! so I want to know the brand of sheets because I hate ours for the same reason you hated your old ones, so bring me good mornings and do tell.

Heidi said...

Yeah for wonderful mornings! I think I might have to go get some of those sheets too (not that I need any more, but I like new sheets!). :)

Becky Swann said...

Um I'm still checking for the name of those sheets mi amor